Tribal Nursing Officer Program
The purpose of the Tribal Nursing Services Program is to promote health and well-being using a population health approach to improve the overall health status of First Nation people of the Southeast Resource Development Council area and to plan and/or develop mechanisms to assess and monitor quality of care, usage of health care and cost effectiveness related to health care.
Specifically, the SERDC Tribal Nursing Officer (TNO):
· Coordinates, develops, trains and delivers community health support and consultation to nurses in First Nation communities, Health Directors, Nurse Managers and First Nation employers through ongoing community visits, assessments and evaluations.
· Collaborates and partners with the First Nations and Inuit Health Brach, the provincial Regional Health Authorities, Assembly of Manitoba Chiefs, political organizations and other health service organizations to ensure client and community focused health services and promotion.
· Works with member First Nations and health service providers to provide input and clinical service support which reflect the priorities of the SERDC communities.
· Represents member First Nations on selected regional working groups and committee’s related to nursing practice and initiatives.
· Is accountable to SERDC and Health Directors for her time circulating weekly itineraries.